LISOF has cemented its reputation as the most progressive fashion school in the country with graduates populating the upper echelons of the South African fashion industry. This year marks LISOF’s 21st anniversary as a fashion educator. Having started out educating designers, LISOF now staffs the fashion industry with buyers, merchandisers, stylists and fashion academics. Shana Rosenthal, founder and director, explains the journey, ‘We never imagined LISOF would grow into such a dynamic and progressive institution. I believe that our ability to engage in real conversations about what makes for great clothing and then to translate these is what sets us apart, creatively and educationally. We are always looking for the next big opportunity to move ourselves and the industry forward.’
LISOF offers a full-time BA in Fashion, a BA Honours in Fashion, a Diploma in Fashion and Higher Certificate in Fashion, as well as an exciting range of 6 month short courses, from design to make-up and pattern construction.
How to Enter:
1. Submit one sketch (A3 size) with suitable fabric swatches for each of the following categories: Denim Couture and Denim Street.
2. Write a motivation (no more than 200 words) for your designs.
3. Write a motivation (no more than 200 words) on why you would benefit from winning the ELLE Fashion Bursary.
4. Send your entry in an A3 plastic sleeve with a cover sheet indicating your full name, date of birth and full contact details to: ELLE Fashion Bursary Competition, PO Box 1284, Parklands, 2121 or hand delivery to 6 Eileen Road, Corner Geneva Road, Blairgowrie, Johannesburg 2194.
*Please include a certified copy of your South African ID document.
Rules to Enter:
1. To enter this competition you must be a South African citizen.
2. You must have successfully completed Grade 12 (or higher) or currently be in Grade 12 (National Senior Certificate Vocational) and pass it at the end of 2015.
3. Entries must reach us by 18 November 2015.
4. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. The winner will be informed telephonically by Monday, 23 November 2015 and will be invited to receive the award at the 2015 LISOF Fashion Show.
6. The winner should be prepared to start his or her studies in the last week of January 2016.
7. The award is guaranteed for one year and thereafter at the discretion of the chief executive officer of LISOF. The continuation of the bursary funding will depend on the academic performance and the conduct of the winner. The award covers tuition only and does not include living expenses, traveling expenses, educational consumables, textbooks or equipment.
8. Please download the entry form below, print it and attach it to your entry.